MISSION: Novolyze’s mission is to empowers food & beverage companies to enhance food safety & quality performance and compliance in a rapidly changing environment.
CONTEXT: In the B-Corp approach, Novolyze is committed to having an impact on its working environment and to considering the impact of its stakeholders, including suppliers, over the long term.
PURPOSE: The purpose of this document is to list Novolyze’s expectations from suppliers.
This code of conduct must be considered by all Novolyze INC and affiliates suppliers, as well by their own suppliers and subcontractors.
THE SUPPLIER MUST RESPECT THE LAWS OF THE LOCAL LEGAL SYSTEM, AND UNDERTAKES TO:
- Respect the working time limit in force in the countries where it operates.
- Pay wages in accordance with the legislation of the country.
- Respect the minimum working age according to the legislation in force in the country (convention n°138 stating the principle that the minimum age should not be lower than the age at which compulsory schooling ceases, nor, in any case, 15 years).
- That its employees can express themselves in the workplace, and in particular contribute to the improvement of their working conditions.
- Prohibit discrimination in hiring.
2. HEALTH AND SAFETY AT WORK
- Provide all employees with a healthy work environment that complies with regulations and in which potential risks that may arise during their professional activities are controlled. In particular, it must ensure that optimal health and safety conditions are in place in the workplace and in all the infrastructures at its disposal. Likewise, they must ensure that the laws and rules relating to health and safety protection in force in each country where they work are applied.
- Ensure that all employees are informed and trained in workplace safety management. It identifies and evaluates each dangerous situation to reduce the number of accidents. In addition, it records emergency situations and almost accidents that have occurred in order to have a regular follow-up and a non-recurrence analysis.
- Act in compliance with the standards concerning the protection of the environment: on the use of water, energy, greenhouse gases, the choice of raw materials.
- Consider the environmental impact of its actions: for example, through programs to reduce the environmental footprint of business travel and commuting.
- Being involved in waste management: with recycling programs or by using recyclable and/or reusable materials, managing the use and discharge of wastewater to preserve surrounding water sources and waste within the supply chain.
- Ensure that waste categorized as hazardous is disposed of responsibly.
- Take into account the Novolyze Ethics Charter.
- Respect ethical standards.
- Fight against corruption.
Last Updated: October 15, 2021